NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

three oil paintings in progress, bird, dog, cat portraits

PAINTINGS IN PROGRESS
From Left:  Tiger Lily, Molly and Osa
Anticipated completion Thursday

IN PROGRESS
Here's Tiger Lily eating a piece of corn.  Her feathers aren't done yet, and as the photo pictures her on top of the cage without her tail showing, I added that and am still deciding just how I want to depict her placement, i.e., what table style, angle, etc. I must say that there's something lovely about a white background for a change, but I'll likely just do a soft, neutral such as light taupe...or as I think about it, perhaps just a shadow under her rather than a table...now that would be fun wouldn't it!  (Pic shows unedited image w/ evening lighting.)
In the first image above, Molly is inspecting her mom's French shop chock full of goodies, and Osa is snuggling in a teal moire Victorian chair with lovely rose embellished pillow.  Being a still life artist who's recently begun exploring pet portraiture, I must admit that these two paintings provided a bit more delight with all the extras in the backgrounds.  Of course I adore birds as many of you know from having seen them in my still life paintings peeking out amidst fruit and flowers as well as the extensive nest paintings I've also done over recent years.  Well, it's a late night again at the easel, now 1:30 AM but wanted to post these for you to see.  Tomorrow I'll be checking on Sammi's portrait to see if it's dry enough for the final detailing -- I'm thinking it may need one more day to dry.  With white I can't layer it too much or it just gets lost and blended.  To keep it crisp and alive I need to wait for the layers to dry.  Okay, signing off for now, but more coming during the week!
(Also, one still life and three portraits are shipping on Monday.)

3 comments:

Buy Art said...

I just had a look at it and I must say that this is a very beautiful piece of work. Being a still life artist is not at all an easy thing and I must say that it would be of a very good thing to have some good benefits displaying your painting and have some good luck come you way.

Carol J. Forrest said...

Jeanne --

I so love seeing your "in-progress" work. Osa and Molly are lovely--and Tiger Lily is VERY pleased at how her portrait is progressing! Just, as always, lovely, lovely work on a beautiful kitty, spaniel, and rosella! One can tell, from the way you execute your paintings, that you have a real love for these wonderful animals!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Carol...and Tiger Lily! :o) Yes, I love animals and feel that painting their portraits is a celebration of the love they share with their families. Thank you for your lovely comments! Jeanne


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring