NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

On my easel today...

     Carmen Miranda is on my easel today.  Doing the blades of grass.  Ran out of batteries on camera and hubby has my rechargeables somewhere so can't take pics in progress.  Very tiny detailing in her Poodle fur and eyes...very small work...on my very last small paintbrush!  Usually have a stock but too busy to order online...may have to in order to finish!
     Watching over my shoulder is the Boxer, Lacey.  Been thinking that I may fuzz her at the bottom to soften the edge (like my header with Monet the Whippet pup above) and make vague the fact that her body is actually foreshortened there (which I didn't actually paint). Haven't quite decided.
     Looking up at me in her plaid scarf is Izzy Noel, the Westie. She's waiting patiently while I try to really make progress on Carmen...and then Lacey again tomorrow. Izzy knows she'll get my total attention next week.
     Okay, back to my easel....

No comments:


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring