NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

Westies West Highland Terriers Hamish & Miss Penelope Custom Oil Pet Portrait


"Hamish and Miss Penelope"
8x10 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
It’s always such a joy creating pet portraits, and being introduced to their personalities prior to a painting always helps me impart those delicate nuances of expression to their darling little faces.  Pretty Miss Penelope (right) absolutely adores handsome Hamish (left) and follows him everywhere, although Hamish does sometimes need his alone time, too. 

2 comments:

Susan Reeves said...

Such a wonderful pair of Westies you have expressed in this painting. You continue to create beautiful pet stories Jeanne.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Susan! The entire time I painted this painting I smiled, thinking about their adorable personalities. I always think knowing a little about a pet helps me create a more lifelike portrait. :o)


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring