NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

black cat kitten behind lace curtain hide and seek

5x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
Hiding behind this lace curtain is my newest little black beauty we rescued. Statistics show that black dogs and cats are far too often overlooked in shelters so our local Humane Society has created an annual “Adopt a Black Pet Day”. Maybe you’ll find a precious black beauty of your own at your local shelter!
10% of sale donated to the Humane Society of the United States

2 comments:

Mark Adams said...

Jeanne, I love this painting. I have a weakness for black cats. I adopted one from a shelter many years ago, who we named Sauron. Although named after the dark lord from the Lord of the Rings trilogy (my little joke), she was just the opposite; a sweet, beautiful, loving cat. I still miss her.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Mark, Sauron sounds so beautiful and sweet! I think we never really recover from the loss of our little ones. In fact, I only recently began painting animals as a dedication to my little girl, a tuxedo, whom we buried on Christmas day after a sudden illness. After 8 vets, none of whom were informed in nutrition, I finally located a homeopathic holistic vet but just too late for our angel. This newest little girl is so happy to be out of the HSUS cage and have a brother (also black) and a big house to play Hide-and-Seek! Thank you for you comments, Jeanne


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring